Research TopicsPublicly Traded Securities and Private Entities
Unconventional Energy Research Ltd (“UER”) coverage includes publicly traded securities and specific private companies. The database includes hydrocarbon basins across North America including tight and shale oil and gas plays, oil sands (integrated, mining, in-situ or thermal projects), conventional production, select offshore assets (includes advanced understanding of the financial implications of various foreign fiscal regimes such as production sharing contracts).
Canada Basin Expertise
- Oil Sands Well Performance & Reservoir Analysis (Integrated, Mining, & In-situ or Thermal Projects)
- AB Cardium
- SK Viking, Midale, and Frobisher
- AB & BC Montney Natural Gas & Liquids
- AB West & East Duvernay
- AB Deep Basin Gas
- SK Bakken & Shaunavon
United States Basin Expertise
- Greater Permian (Midland & Delaware)
- Texas Eagle Ford
- Midcontinent & Anadarko (SCOOP; STACK, MissLime, broader Panhandle)
- ND & MT Bakken
- Colorado DJ Niobrara & Codell, Wyoming Powder River Basin (PRB)
- UT Uinta
- Marcellus & Utica
- LA Haynesville & Terryville
International Basin Expertise
- Bespoken work on Petroleum Sharing Contracts (PSC’s) and individual material offshore assets.
- Familiarity with petroleum fiscal regimes (royalty & tax) including Saudi Arabia, Colombia, North Sea, Guyana, Ghana, etc.
- Understanding of Producer vs Government take, profit oil, cost oil, and various risks/rewards vs Onshore North American fiscal structures and projects.
Midstream, Pipeline, Power & Utility
- Fundamental understanding of both unregulated merchant and regulated assets including the interrelationship with commodity pricing and upstream and downstream markets.